Oompa LoomPacino

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
I've got another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompadah dacino
Why are there seven Al Pacinos?
Pop artist Dave MacDowell takes on Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, with Al Pacino Oompa-Loompas. Say hello to my little candy friend!

While I loved the Tim Burton version of the film, I always have a special spot in my pop culture heart for the Oompa-Loompas. It may have something to do with my summer working at a candy factory making Willy Wonka candies. True story. (Thanks to Funktards for reminding me about MacDowell.)

Previously on Popped Culture...
The Seven Jack Nicholsons & The Enchanted Mental Hospital
Popaganda: The Pop Culture Revolution
Rihanna's 15 Minutes Of Unwanted Fame

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I have also always had a soft place in my heart for the Ooompa Loompas, but I think that comes from repeated viewing of the Gene Wilder film and reading the original Roald Dahl book constantly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gene Wilder version definitely has a creepier vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+