Extreme Crocheting

Howie Woo crochets, but not like your grandma, as you can see from the crochet dynamite above.
"I'm aware of the double-takes when a guy is seen working with yarn. My girlfriend overhears "grandma" when she's making a scarf on the bus. But those stereotypes will fade as more people of all ages and genders become interested in yarn-craft."
I also learnt a new word today: amigurumi, which is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. Japanese, who would have guessed? See more of Howie Woo's work at WooWork.com or his Flickr page. (Link via Neatorama)

Crochet Vices


Crochet Ray Gun

Previously on Popped Culture...
Little Boxes
My Little Pony Madness
Pillow Talk: 25 Strange Throw Pillows

1 comment:

  1. Amazing work! I love the detail. Thanks for sharing.

    Doris
    http://crochetingingeorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+