Everybody Be Cool - The Tarantino Mixtape


Eclectic Method - The Tarantino Mixtape from Eclectic Method on Vimeo.

The Eclectic Method re-cuts and remixes Quentin Tarantino's films and soundtracks until they have created a unique audio-visual mashup.

It's a tour de force that manages to out-Tarantino Tarantino and they should be hired to make the trailer for the inevitable box set. Which is exactly what this video made me want to do — hunker down for a marathon of Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill I & II.

You've gotta admit, the man's got style to spare and can make a mixtape second to none. So hang on in the beginning, it picks up steam. (Link via Media-Digest)

Previously on Popped Culture...
Quentin Tarantino Mad Libs
Kill Bill I & II in 60 Seconds
Can You Picture That?
Pulp Muppets

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome. Strangely enough, I was searching for a Tarantino mashup just last night to post over at my place but couldn't find one to my liking. I never ran across this one during my search though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of Eclectic Method before, but just a few seconds into this mix and I knew I had to share it. The editing skills leave me in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Tarantino Fever about to spread the through the world as quickly as the winningly Inglouriuos Swine Flu, I'd like to introduce you all to one of the UKs leading players in the Pop Culture scene...DJ, TV presenter (MTV, BBC etc.), Producer, Music Supervisor & Radio hero; James Hyman!

    James has an amazing Tarantino inspired 45 min movie/music mash-up, an edited 2 minute version of which you can see here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-eDTJwAbYA

    How Tarantino endorsed the mash up:
    http://www.jameshyman.com/blog/archives/000740.html

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+