Somebody Out There Likes Me

Much to my surprise I have landed on the Best Cultural/Entertainment Blog list at the 2008 Canadian Blog Awards. I'm one of 25 nominees, so that's pretty gratifying.

At least one of my competitors appears to be an American author (Robin Slick, not that there's anything wrong with that), some have media profiles (Dead Things on Sticks), others Facebook support groups (Mikes Bloggity Blog). Some are new to the scene (Department of Culture) while others have been hanging about for years (Townie Bastard), and some are kinda odd (I Rate Science Fiction Doctors) at least one is boycotting the awards (Sheena).

It's an interesting collection, worth checking out, if only to expose your self to some different thinking. Am I the best of the lot? Uh... sure. Actually, that's for you to decide — and you don't even have to be Canadian to vote! Yes you can.

One vote per person (or at least IP address) and I won't ask again. Unless I get to the next round.

9 comments:

  1. You have the support of The Ampersand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One turbaconducken coming your way! Of course not having you in the running makes it all the easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it help that I am madly in love with Canada and hope to live there some day?

    xo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Canadaphile? I can accept that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang! I write for the Ampersand too and they have already endorsed you. I can't say it didn't hurt....

    Good luck, I'm glad I found your blog!

    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider yourself supported.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, the list of nominees in the science and technology category shows these awards for the farce they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A farce? If a popularity contest on the Intertubes could be called a farce, I don't know what this world is coming to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't enjoy a good farce, anyway? Thanks for running them, Saskboy.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+