Worth A Read... Dirty Words Edition

I heard a great quote from the late George Carlin on the radio this afternoon about the power of those infamous seven words. Of course I can't find it now, but cut to the essence of his Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television routine — that words only have power because we give them power.

It's been amusing to read all the coverage and eulogies to Carlin that tiptoe around this still taboo words (well, at least in the mainstream media). Of course you can read them (and see them in action for that matter) online all the time, but they still seem to carry a mystique.

So in honour of Carlin... Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, Tits. Phew, don't we all feel better now?
--
So what's worse than swear words? Celine Dion singing AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long. Total Guitar magazine named it the worst cover of all time and having watched it I can't say I disagree. The horror...

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I just wrote my tribute to Carlin and I must admit, I didn't bother to list the words either! I guess that just goes to show his Seven Words... still have power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it's like South Park said and they are actual curse words and I will have brought down a terrible wrath upon myself... nah.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+