The Second Coming of Chocolate Jesus

Chocolate Jesus
Well its got to be a chocolate jesus
Make me feel good inside.
Got to be a chocolate jesus
Keep me satisfied
The return of a life-size, naked and anatomically-correct milk chocolate sculpture of Jesus is causing less of a furor in New York this week, because the display of the immaculate confection isn't coinciding with any Holy days, as originally planned.

Last March the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights was in a rage over the planned Easter display of "My Sweet Lord," artist Cosimo Cavallaro's sugary saviour.

Personally I prefer my blasphemous treats in the form of pop culture parodies, but I can't be too bothered by an incident that had my humming Tom Waits all week.
When the weather gets rough
And its whiskey in the shade
Its best to wrap your savior
Up in cellophane
He flows like the big muddy
But thats ok
Pour him over ice cream
For a nice parfait
Below is a live performance of Chocolate Jesus by Waits on Late Night with David Letterman back in 1999. Good sound but dodgy video, but boy can that man strut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Google+